We now invite Abstract submissions for the 2017 ACRS Conference. The following are suggested themes but Abstracts on any coral reef topic will be welcomed.
Algae on reefs – changing the dynamics
Behaviour of reef organisms
Climate change and reefs
Coastal development and water quality effects on reef organisms
Conservation science and reefs
Crown of thorns seastars
Environmental impact statements
Fish as indicators of ecological state
Fishes in changing world
Genetics and phylogeography
Indigenous use and management of reefs
Long-term research and time series on reef habitats
Management and monitoring of fish populations: the long-term view
Marine megafauna around reefs
Movement and behaviour of fishes
New methods and techniques for reef research
NGOs and science – making it work
Ocean acidification and reefs
Parisitology on reefs
Photosynthesis on the reef
Physical processes on the reef
Population ecology and connectivity in marine organisms
Reef organisms and ecosystem services
Reef restoration techniques
Reefs of the future
Reefs of the past
Remote sensing of reef areas
Resilience and phase shifts
Seabirds around reefs
Settlement and early life history of reef organisms
Systematics and Taxonomy: hybridization and speciation of reef organisms and descriptions of organisms
The ecological role of fishes on coral reefs
The impact of habitat degradation, fragmentation, and seascape on fish population and communities
Trophic and food web dynamics
Tropicalisation: the southern migration of coral reef species
If you wish to submit an Abstract and feel that it doesn’t quite fit these themes, please submit it anyway and we will discuss it with you.
Please submit Abstracts using EasyChair by clicking here.
Follow these instructions carefully when submitting your Abstract:
1. Please create a free account on EasyChair. We suggest you use your email address as your user name.
2. Once you login, click on "New Submission".
3. When adding Authors, please indicate the presenting author by ticking the box "Corresponding author". You do not need to add an email address for all authors. It is best just to add your own and leave the other email fields blank, otherwise all your co-authors will receive email notifications.
4. Add the Title and Abstract to the "Title and Abstract" section. Please limit your Abstract to a maximum of 500 words.
5. Add at least 3 Keywords.
6. In the "Topics" section, indicate whether you wish your paper to be considered for an Oral presentation or Poster presentation.
7. In the "Uploads" section, you can upload a Word version of your Abstract. Although you have already inserted your Title and Abstract in step 4, if you have any special formatting requirements, we recommend you upload a Word version here. The file must be in Word format (file extension .docx or .doc).
8. Once you click "Submit", the Abstract will be sent to us and you will receive a confirmation email.
DEADLINE: Please submit Abstracts by Friday 28 April 2017.
No Abstracts will be accepted after this date.